Here is what the Autoweek says about the 2011 Honda CR-Z:
The editor, Wes says, “This 2011 Honda CR-Z is a nifty little scooter for commuting. Don’t know that I’d want to drive one to Seattle, but for buzzing around town it’s ideal.”
The news editor, Greg reports, “I had a good time in this sporty little hybrid. I wouldn’t call it a true sports car, but it’s a very athletic hybrid. Punch up sport mode and play with the paddle shifters and this is a heck of a fun car to drive. “
The motorsports editor, Mac says, “Basically, a Civic Si but with this body style. Certainly it’s a nice reincarnation of the CRX that I remember fondly from my relatively early childhood. Ultimately, the fun nature of the CR-Z, combined with its sharp looks (in my opinion, anyway, though the rear-end architecture makes backward visibility less than ideal and a bit of an issue) and my recollections of the CRX put this car at the top of my list if I’m shopping in this class–and perhaps even if I’m not.”
The executive editor, Roger reports, “The chassis and suspension are pretty terrific in the CR-Z, and it looks like it should reach hyperspace in a nanosecond. Not with this powertrain. It overpromises and underdelivers, from a sports-car standpoint. Now, from a green-car point of view, it’s OK. I’d certainly rather drive this than a Toyota Prius, though it doesn’t have quite the same utility. And the rear window bugged me the entire time I was driving. It is very Pontiac Aztek-ish in its look and function, and that is clearly not a good thing.”
Visit your local Honda dealer and decide for yourself.
The specs for the 2011 Honda CR-Z EX NAVI:
Base Price: $23,960
Drivetrain: 1.5-liter I4; FWD, continuously variable transmission
Curb Weight: 2,707 lb
Output: 122 hp @ 6,000 rpm, 123 lb-ft @ 1,000-2,000 rpm
Fuel Economy (EPA/AW): 37/33.0 mpg
For Full Story: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110401/CARNEWS/110409996
- The New 2011 Honda CR-Z EX The Honda’s new CR-Z was recently tested and AutoChannel gave their two cents. They report the CR-Z is the first...
- 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS Test Drive Car and Driver recently test drove the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS and here is the summary of what they thought:...
- Honda Recalls Over 600,000 Compact Cars MSNBC.com reports Honda is recalling almost 700,000 Fit, Freed and City compact cars around the globe. The most recent recall...
- A Bigger Engine for the Honda Civic Si Autoweek reports Honda is replacing the engine in the new Honda Civic SI with an improved, 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine. The...
- 21,700 Honda Civics recalled in US and Canada Honda Motor Co has recalled about 21,700 of its latest-model compact Honda Civic cars. This recall is due to the...